More Pages on Kit for Kat!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Unnecessary Lie

Not sure why but whenever the girls have a day off from school I feel a wee bit relaxed. I still have the alarm set for 6am, I still make tea for both of us (me and Papa) as usual and I still stagger my way through the morning routine as usual and of course, Kit wakes up early (even earlier on non-school days!) but for some bizarre reason, my mind is psyched to believe that I am not stressed because there is no SCHOOL!

Kit is generally very excited about dropping Kat off in the morning and I cannot remember a day since Kit started school last year when it was the other way round...so that makes TODAY a very special day indeed...Kat had a Conference Day in school so she was overjoyed with her day off while Kit had normal school (they FINALLY realised they had given too many snow days away!)

Kit is very perceptive – we couldn't just tell her that Kat was staying home (I mean, which sibling can bear to see the other one stay home with mummy?) so we made a little plan – we told Kit that Kat’s school teacher was running a little late so her bus was late, blah, blah... and hence, Kat would drop her first (clever!!).
Kit was super excited and I felt a little guilty about making up this story but I did think it would do more good than harm, so I guess mums are allowed to do this, right?

We were all in good spirits, all was going fine and we were waiting for Kit’s bus when the doorman asked Kat why she didn’t go to school (as part of general chit chat) and I boldly answered for her: “She has a holiday at school” (I should learn to keep my mouth shut!!!) READ MORE>>

No comments:

Post a Comment